We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: August 6, 2016
Sink Your Teeth into Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are permanent dental caps that are placed over a damaged tooth to improve its appearance and strength. They are an incredibly common type of dental restoration and are available from every affordable dentist Miami. Dental crowns can be made from several kind of materials, such as porcelain, ceramic, resin, and stainless steel. The type you receive will be based on your dental concerns and your budget. But no matter which kind you choose, all of them are stronger and last longer than both cosmetic dental bonding and cosmetic dentistry veneers. Plus, they all cost less than cosmetic dental bonding or cosmetic dentistry veneers.
When It’s Time for Treatment
After you’ve discussed dental crowns with an affordable dentist Miami, you will schedule your procedure, which will require two separate visits. You can expect:
- At the first appointment, the dentist will prepare the tooth for the crown by either filing it down or filling it in to create the proper shape and strength.
- Then, an impression of the tooth and surrounding teeth will be taken and sent to a dental lab to allow the permanent crown to be constructed.
- Before leaving the first appointment, a temporary crown will be placed over the tooth for protection until the permanent crown is made.
- Once the permanent crown is ready, you will return to the dentist’s office for final placement.
- At this appointment, the temporary crown will be removed and replaced with the permanent crown.
- The permanent crown is secured into proper position with a special adhesive.
- Once the adhesive has set, you can return home and enjoy the confidence of a better, stronger smile.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Miami, call Miami Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry today at (305) 306-9250 or make an appointment.
Miami Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Miami. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Miami Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Miami Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry.