We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: November 1, 2014
5 Common Questions About Dental Implants
Despite their strength and excellent design, teeth don’t always last as long as they should. Dental decay, injury, and gum disease leads to tooth loss, and it can happen to anyone. Losing a tooth can hurt more than just your pride. Without restoration, your other teeth may shift, and you will likely experience jawbone loss over time. To maintain the health of your other teeth, it’s essential to replace missing teeth whenever possible. Dental implants are a solution that should always be considered due to their stability and superior results. Successful dental implant surgery has helped to restore smiles for more than 50 years.
- What are Dental Implants and Implant Dentures? Dental implants have a small metal anchor that is surgically attached to your jawbone to replace a natural tooth root and hold an artificial crown. Affordable dental implants can restore your smile without causing harm to your other teeth.
- What Types of Dental Implants Are Available? There are several types of affordable dental implants available to meet specific patient needs. Implants can replace one or more individual teeth, or serve as anchors for removable and fixed dentures and bridges. Implant dentures never slip or make unwanted noise like conventional dentures, and implant-supported bridges don’t involve neighboring teeth.
- How Can I Determine If Dental Implants are Right for Me? Determining whether dental implants are right for you can only be done by a dentist. Typically, good candidates have fully developed jawbones, healthy gums, and no serious medical problems that would interfere with healing. If you don’t have enough healthy bone to support an implant, there are several ways your dentist can correct the problem.
- How Long Will the Dental Implant Procedure Take? Many implant procedures take several months to complete, but treatment time varies from patient to patient.
- How Can I Find the Best Dental Implants? The first step is finding the right dentist. An implant dentist’s education, experience, and skills are key; specialists qualified to perform dental implant restorations include general dentists, prosthodontists, oral surgeons, and periodontists.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Miami, call Miami Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry today at (305) 306-9250 or make an appointment.
Miami Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Miami. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Miami Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Miami Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry.